Thursday, February 4, 2010

Home Improvements

A bonus of James working at Oakridge Student Apartments is that we can utilize the jacuzzi.


Skiing/snowboarding the "Beav"


James is so handy! There was a piece of furniture that I found at Downeast Outfitters and he took an old piece of furniture and sanded down the drawers and glued new ones on to match the one that I found. All of the furniture will have the same notches. I know, it's hard to see since the room is poorly lite, but oh man, I love the contemporary look!


I love Ikea! This was my problem solving technique to battle the lack of room to hang multiple towels without the bathroom looking cluttered. And, the rods move!
The bathroom has a bad floor plan with doors on both sides of those rods.


James built this in the closet

The combination of the above and below photo make up the "real" master bedroom = guest/office room. The floor plan in this room wasn't done well either.


We sleep in the second bedroom.

I don't know what the official name of this room is, but I will just call it the entertainment room.

The dining area. We received the table for free! Thanks Christy! I hated the old one which had captain seats and it was very outdated. This one has a country home look, but anything is better than what we had before.



Downstairs bathroom

We were going to originally buy the townhouse, but with a stipulation on the tax credit it wasn't going to work out. There was a lot of added changes we were going to make, but we will reserve that for something else. I love this place and I will be sad when it finally does sell.

3 comments:

  1. You guys did an amazing job on your place. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh!!! Looking good!! (I am a big fan of orange walls!!) Someday we will make it up there for a weekend visit... *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow -- LOVE the decor. you're good! and such a hottie -- so glad to see you happy & in love.

    ReplyDelete